Any Plans to include Clear QAM?

Support and Discussion for Homeworx HW-150PVR

Re: Any Plans to include Clear QAM?

Postby pfb » August 1st, 2013, 9:33 pm

Admin_Mediasonic wrote:firmware for QAM *** Link Removed ***

Wow. You guys are quick with customer requests and fixes! Now, I am just waiting on Amazon to delivery my box tomorrow!!!

Thank you!!!
pfb

Postby brucemb1985 » August 2nd, 2013, 6:52 am

I cant believe it. you guys rock! bought a new box on amazon two days ago and recieved it. came on here and QAM is available. i installed and it found all the channels im suppose to get with my cable company (basic plan). I installed The Firmware and all is well. not perfect but ill take it. Now the only thing left to make this box perfect FOR ME is the time. I prefer regular clock instead of military. Thanks for the update guys. :)
brucemb1985

Postby gbh » August 5th, 2013, 7:49 am

Is this an official firmware update? It isn't listed in the firmware thread. Does it include any other fixes that might be useful for non QAM users? Thanks.
gbh

Postby Admin_Mediasonic » August 5th, 2013, 7:06 pm

gbh wrote:Is this an official firmware update? It isn't listed in the firmware thread. Does it include any other fixes that might be useful for non QAM users? Thanks.

if you are in Canada. don't even bother with QAM. Cause it is encrypted
if in USA, 1st you need to have basic Cable. and know if QAM if available or not. I hear Comcast cable is removing QAM

yes the QAM firmware contains the fix from previous firmware
Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Postby ccshello » August 5th, 2013, 8:02 pm

Hi,

I've upgraded to August 1, 2013 QAM version.
Few features needed:
1) channel scan should automatically skip encrypted channels,
2) currently, it only shows physical channel/sub-channels, it should display by virtual channel instead,
3) channel listing should then be sorted,
4) should provide channel renaming and channel enable/disable features

Not sure if the actual tuner's tuning frequency can go higher than the current highest possible channel 96 (?) (it's about 800MHz.)
My cable system has channels higher than that (and they are goodie HD channels.)

Thanks!

ccshello
ccshello

Postby Someguy » August 9th, 2013, 10:30 pm

I'm using firmware version 12

I live in the GTA and all of the Cogeco system (including Hamilton) has all locally broadcast stations in clear QAM. They don't advertise it but they do it.

My problem is that My HW-150PVR doesn't give me video on some channels that I know are in the clear, because my other QAM tuner receives them fine. What I get is the audio from those channels, because the 150 thinks they're radio stations. The channel scan found 110 channels in the clear, but also found 135 radio stations, which there clearly aren't. What it's doing is finding a DTV in clear QAM, and finding it's audio stream, or second audio stream, or something as a radio station instead of a DTV station... or something like that. It's getting some of the clear QAM channels fine, but some of them it's a no go. A lot of them are on CH58 for some reason, which is also the channel with most of the local channels (but not all)... which again, come in fine on my other QAM tuner.

And the time isn't right. It thinks it's wed Jun 29 2011 and the clock is off by like 37 minutes... which is a weird amount of time to be off by.

Firmware V12 needs a bit of tweak I think.

Can you look at it for us?

Thanks,
Someguy
Someguy

Postby ccshello » August 9th, 2013, 11:39 pm

Now retried version 12 August 1 2013 Clear QAM:

- Found the issue to be max. 400 channels can be collected during auto-scan, these include encrypted channels (which is not supposed to happen)
because the channel memory is maxed out, the good clearQAM channels were not registered
- Manual scan is the way to solve such issue. (Use a Digital TV to find out the virtual channel to physical channel mapping.)
- Afterward, edit the channel name to be a recognizable name.

Note: there are no two separate sets of channel registry such that switching from one mode to the other (e.g., Air to Cable) can be easier.

Again, need these fixes:
1. skip encrypted channels
2. use virtual channel name, not physical channel name
3. channel ist needs to be sorted by virtual channel number, not by physical channel
4. two independent channel registries for Air and Cable modes

ccshello
ccshello

Postby jackodude777 » August 13th, 2013, 8:04 pm

Hi,

I just tried the Qam firmware and it's not working for me on Vidéotron in Montreal. It finds about 300 channels and none are working. When I plug the cable on my tv, I get about 47 channels + radios channels. Please fix it.

Thanks
jackodude777

Postby Admin_Mediasonic » August 14th, 2013, 2:19 am

jackodude777 wrote:Hi,

I just tried the Qam firmware and it's not working for me on Vidéotron in Montreal. It finds about 300 channels and none are working. When I plug the cable on my tv, I get about 47 channels + radios channels. Please fix it.

Thanks

You sure those 47 Channels are not Analog channels?
Admin_Mediasonic
Site Admin

Postby B99six » August 15th, 2013, 8:58 am

Hello.

I just aquired the HW-150PVR as I have an older analog set. I have Comcast connection near the set which delivers clear QAM to a newer digital set that I borowed to check the cable, so I know the cable channels are there. I installed the firmware update. I connected an outside antenna and programed a number of broadcast channels. I then installed the QAM firmware update, disconnected the antenna and connected the Comcast cable. A channel search produces no cable channels. Have I done this correctly? Is there something else I need to do?

Please help. Thanks
B99six

PreviousNext

Return to Homeworx HW-150PVR, PVR ATSC TV Tuner and USB Media Player